:: Re: [Dng] epoch feature request
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] epoch feature request
On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 18:18:48 +0200
Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

> The main reasons I am looking for Debian build script are that, first
> of all I want to learn a lot more about packaging.

I think you're going to have to *create* that Debian build script. I
fear it doesn't exist.

> And the second one
> is I would like to be able to easily switch back and forth between
> epoch and sysvinit for testing purpose, so that I know exactly what
> will happen if I did that on my main PC.

That's easy. Copy as root with execute permissions the Epoch
executable to /e. Then, when you want to run Epoch, you just put
init=/e in your grub kernel line. When you want to boot sysvinit, you
just boot business as usual.

> About the contaminated packages, I don't even have them on my main
> PC. For my purpose, it seems to be enough to just clean up acpid,
> consolekit, cron, dbus, gvfs, kmod, lvm2, udisk2 and upower, and use
> eudev.

That's cool, and it's famously cool that you used Gentoo-created eudev
in place of Redhat-created udev.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key