:: Re: [Dng] Unofficial wiki
Author: David Harrison
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Unofficial wiki

On 14/06/2015 16:14, dng-request@??? wrote:
> a few things :
>
> * at the very least you will need a clean dns :
> https://www.zonemaster.net/test/16766
> Nameserver ns1.vidacloud.co.uk/185.52.27.27 answered with a RCODE
> NXDOMAIN to SOA query on
> xx--domain-cannot-exist.xx--illegal-syntax-tld.
> Nameserver ns2.vidacloud.co.uk/95.142.155.4 answered with a RCODE
> NXDOMAIN to SOA query on
> xx--domain-cannot-exist.xx--illegal-syntax-tld.
> Nameserver ns1.vidacloud.co.uk has an IP address (185.52.27.27) with
> mismatched PTR result (ns1.tsohost.co.uk.).
> Nameserver ns2.vidacloud.co.uk has an IP address (95.142.155.4) with
> mismatched PTR result (ns2.tsohost.co.uk.).

Is that from Zonemaster? It doesn't sound healthy. I will have a word
with the hosts tomorrow.

> ( unmaintained and vulnerable php version )
> http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-74/product_id-128/version_id-166615/PHP-PHP-5.3.28.html

Ditto.

> * a distro related wiki have to be managed by a team, with good
> moeration, hosting and security, when the wiki gets lost or hacked . .
> . its a disaster ( that happened to the gentoo wiki once and so much
> useful info was lost
> * perhaps you should provide a daily or backup or the sql database

Scary but anticipated. I don't doubt a few trolls will take potshots if
the wiki gains any traction. Fortunately there are daily backups as
standard on my hosting plan, and Dokuwiki defaults to storing posts in
text files.

The whole shebang is an unofficial 'go-with' to plug a temporary gap in
the current Devuan web resources. If scaling up is required, I will be
the first to call for help with moderation, security and the rest.
Rumour has it there are some very clued-up people on this list :D

Anyway, thanks for the analysis.

David