:: Re: [Dng] A nice candidate substitu…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] A nice candidate substitute to network-manager

On 13/06/15 14:15, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 12:54:41PM +0200, Anto wrote:
>> However, after I found that there is a commit with the title
>> "machine: Integrate ConnMan with systemd-hostnamed" on connman
>> source code which I posted on this thread yesterday, I decided to
>> stay away from connman. I am quite sure that along the time, there
>> will be more integration to systemd.
> I'm trying to remain optimistic here, however unreasonable that may be.
> Could the 'integration' be run-time or compile-time conditional on
> systemd being around?
>
> -- hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

As I always mention, I am not a programmer. But I guess the integration
is run-time conditional depending on whether systemd-hostnamed is
running or not. So it could be safe to use without systemd. I still
prefer to stay away on anything that is intentionally being locked-in to
systemd, unless that there is no other options.

Cheers,

Anto