:: Re: [Dng] A nice candidate substitu…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: Jaromil, dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] A nice candidate substitute to network-manager

On 13/06/15 12:29, Jaromil wrote:
> dear Anto
>
> On 12 June 2015 18:01:07 CEST, Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:
>
>> I should have written my previous sentence properly like "there was no
>> connman GUI interface for XFCE in Debian wheezy when I tried it". :)
>>
>> I just double checked. There is actually connman gui on Devuan/Debian
>> jessie as shown below. But I have not tried that yet. Does anybody try
>> that on XFCE?
>>
> I use connman regularly on my desktop also via the gui component
>
> it is not perfect, but works well for basic operations
>
> I'd prefer something simplier and mostly bound to shell scripts and a light gui layer for the tray, which is handy.
>
> ciao

Hello Jaromil,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

However, after I found that there is a commit with the title "machine:
Integrate ConnMan with systemd-hostnamed" on connman source code which I
posted on this thread yesterday, I decided to stay away from connman. I
am quite sure that along the time, there will be more integration to
systemd.

Cheers,

Anto