:: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was fil…
Top Pagina
Auteur: fsmithred
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On 06/12/2015 09:33 AM, Irrwahn wrote:
> fsmithred wrote on 12.06.2015 14:40:
>>
>> Not the OP here, and not exactly what you're asking, but here's what I did
>> yesterday:
>>
>> Installed devuan-alpha2-amd64 netinstall iso in virtualbox. At tasksel, I
>> un-checked Print Server and Devuan Desktop Environment, and I checked
>> XFCE. All seemed to be working well after install.
>>

>> dpkg -l | grep systemd
>> ii  libpam-systemd:amd64                  215-17+deb8u1
>>      amd64        system and service manager - PAM module
>> ii  libsystemd0:amd64                     215-17+deb8u1
>>      amd64        systemd utility library
>> ii  systemd                               215-17+deb8u1
>>      amd64        system and service manager
>> ii  systemd-shim                          9-1
>>      amd64        shim for systemd

>> 'aptitude why' pointed to task-xfce-desktop as the reason for systemd
>> packages, so I attempted to remove that.
>>
>> 'apt-get -s remove task-xfce-desktop libpam-systemd systemd' gave me a
>> long list of packages that were no longer needed and were set to
>> autoremove. (See below for the full list.) So I apt-get installed that
>> list of packages and then I could remove systemd, systemd-shim and
>> libpam-systemd without losing my whole desktop environment.
>>
>> After that, shutdown and reboot buttons stopped working in xfce and
>> lightdm. Only logout from the desktop worked, bringing me to the login screen.
>>
>> Then I added back systemd, systemd-shim and libpam-systemd. Desktop
>> buttons are no longer gray, but shutdown and reboot only bring me to the
>> lightdm login screen. Power button choices in lightdm are all grayed out.
>> That's not what I expected, and I don't know what's different from the
>> original install. If I get a chance to do it again, I can make full
>> packages lists before and after to see if something else got removed but
>> not reinstalled.
>
> The following might help (no guarantees, it's from the top of my head - don't
> have my notes at hand right now):
>
> - Make sure you're using sysvinit-core as init system, and slim or lightdm as
> your display manager.
>
> - Purge everything *systemd*! However, you may want to keep libsystemd0, in
> case you want to use gvfs, cups, pulse or anything else that (still) depends
> on it.
>
> - Install: policykit-1, consolekit, libpam-ck-connector, upower
>
> - A reboot at this point should be in order, not sure if it's exactly necessary.
>
> HTH, Regards,
> Urban

policykit-1, consolekit, libpam-ck-connector, upower were all installed
already. What I don't understand is why the shutdown/reboot didn't start
working again when I reinstalled systemd, libpam-systemd and systemd-shim
(and rebooted). PID1 is init, and /sbin/init is not a symlink. Also,
libsystemd0 was not removed at any time.

What does fix it is to do something dimkr had me do when I was testing
alpha1 - rename/move /lib/systemd/systemd-logind. All the buttons work
after that.

fsr