:: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was fil…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:40:44 -0400
fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:

> After that, shutdown and reboot buttons stopped working in xfce and
> lightdm. Only logout from the desktop worked, bringing me to the
> login screen.

This has been the bane of my existence since long before systemd.
Sometimes my logout and reboot buttons worked, sometimes they were
gray, and sometimes they just exited the wm/de. And like fsmithred,
once systemd came along and I jumpered across it with another pid1,
those buttons almost never worked.

I think Devuan should create four can't-miss shellscripts, for these
four use cases:

* poweroff
* reboot
* hybernate
* suspend

On our supported wm/de's that have buttons for these things, those
buttons should invoke those shellscripts directly.

Obviously, there would need to be a way for those shellscripts to
access policykit.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key