:: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was fi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:35:34 -0400
Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???> wrote:

> It seems my fresh netboot install this morning has swallowed and
> installed systemd.
> It was an "expert" 64bit install of "jessie" with XFCE and
> subsequently firmware-linux-non-free had been installed for the
> embeded video and then the fglrx-driver installed. Not sure where
> it picked up the systemd along that path.
>
> Removing it and its namesake friends took out Network Manager,
> PulseAudio, CUPS and a bunch of assorted other bits
> I installed WICD to send this and will now put the furniture back in
> place.
>
> Warning: You will probably be seeing more of this kind of info from
> simple folks like me, now that testing is easier with a netboot iso.
>
> Clarke

Hi Clarke,

First, from what I understand, the microsecond you get Devuan Alpha 2
installed, go into /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out the two from
debian, leaving only the ones from devuan. I think that will help some.

Second, my understanding is that NetworkManager and PulseAudio are so
thoroughly infested with systemd that it's better to purge them from
your system, like you'd throw a bedbug-ridden mattress into the
dumpster. No use having that stuff hanging around. I **love** what
they've done with Wicd, putting it on the menu right there in front of
your face. Nice!

Third, what leads you to the conclusion that your system installed
systemd? On my VM-hosted Alpha-2 with LXDE, I have a whole bunch of
files and directories with "systemd" in their names, but I think it has
nothing to do with my bootup.

To prove I was initting with sysvinit, I wrote the following
shellscript called /root/testdaemon.sh:

#!/bin/sh
while true; do
date >> /tmp/junk.log
sleep 5
done

The preceding program, when run, appends the time to /tmp/junk.log
every five seconds, a thing you can see with the following command:

tail -f /tmp/junk.log

Then I put the following line right at the bottom of my /etc/inittab:

SV:12345:respawn:/root/testdaemon.sh

After I rebooted, /tmp/junk.log kept being appended, meaning that
inittab was being read, meaning that sysvinit is doing the initting.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key