:: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was fil…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On 06/11/2015 11:04 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:35:34 -0400
> Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???> wrote:
>
>> It seems my fresh netboot install this morning has swallowed and
>> installed systemd.
>> It was an "expert" 64bit install of "jessie" with XFCE and
>> subsequently firmware-linux-non-free had been installed for the
>> embeded video and then the fglrx-driver installed. Not sure where
>> it picked up the systemd along that path.
>>
>> Removing it and its namesake friends took out Network Manager,
>> PulseAudio, CUPS and a bunch of assorted other bits
>> I installed WICD to send this and will now put the furniture back in
>> place.
>>
>> Warning: You will probably be seeing more of this kind of info from
>> simple folks like me, now that testing is easier with a netboot iso.
>>
>> Clarke
> Hi Clarke,
>
> First, from what I understand, the microsecond you get Devuan Alpha 2
> installed, go into /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out the two from
> debian, leaving only the ones from devuan. I think that will help some.
>
> Second, my understanding is that NetworkManager and PulseAudio are so
> thoroughly infested with systemd that it's better to purge them from
> your system, like you'd throw a bedbug-ridden mattress into the
> dumpster. No use having that stuff hanging around. I **love** what
> they've done with Wicd, putting it on the menu right there in front of
> your face. Nice!
>
> Third, what leads you to the conclusion that your system installed
> systemd? On my VM-hosted Alpha-2 with LXDE, I have a whole bunch of
> files and directories with "systemd" in their names, but I think it has
> nothing to do with my bootup.
>
> To prove I was initting with sysvinit, I wrote the following
> shellscript called /root/testdaemon.sh:

> #!/bin/sh
> while true; do
>    date >> /tmp/junk.log
>    sleep 5
> done

> The preceding program, when run, appends the time to /tmp/junk.log
> every five seconds, a thing you can see with the following command:
>
> tail -f /tmp/junk.log
>
> Then I put the following line right at the bottom of my /etc/inittab:
>
> SV:12345:respawn:/root/testdaemon.sh
>
> After I rebooted, /tmp/junk.log kept being appended, meaning that
> inittab was being read, meaning that sysvinit is doing the initting.

Hi Steve,

These were fresh UEFI hard drive installs not a VM.
From what I can see systemd is being installed with the base
installation in both jessie and ceres.
No debian in my sources.list only deb and deb-src devuan was in there,
either for jessie or ceres depending on the installation choice.
I noticed Sysvinit was being installed during the second install phase,
but on the boot I have systemd.
Maybe it is the init chooser that is defaulting to systemd.

To confirm the installation of systemd, I checked by doing a search with
Synaptic and sure enough the slimy thing was there with a green box next
to it.

I hope to mess with this later but it has swallowed too much of my time
already today.
I nuked the install and have returned to my hacked Debian version.

Clarke