:: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firm…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Stephan Seitz
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firmware for installers
On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 11:36:09AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>None of the preceding arguments change the fact that if installing
>Dng appears to be a poorly documented 40 step manual process, the

Well, if you have permission to distribute the non-free firmware for disc
controllers or network cards then do so.

I normally need the firmware for Broadcom network cards and don’t have
problems copying it via USB stick.

But it is still non-free firmware and so should be restricted to a bare
minimum.

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--