:: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firm…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Peter Olson
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firmware for installers
> On June 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> This is exactly my preference too. Let me easily choose at install
> time. Also, have the nonfree stuff in its own repository so if I
> include the nonfree stuff I can just add it to my sources.list.

Although I rank among the purists, I could go along with this idea:

Two ISO/repo configurations.

One which is free.

The other which works if the first doesn't.

Although I am a purist, I am already compromised by needing to work in CAD/CAM
environments which are only available in Windows, so I recognize a problem in
general.

But I don't want to make it easy for people who could install fine with the free
installation to select the other one "just in case". There is possibly an
opportunity to gather information about what cases don't work with the free
download.

Peter Olson