:: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firm…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firmware for installers
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:48:55 +0200
Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

> On 03/06/15 10:37, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like a straw poll on whether we should include non-free
> > firmware in our installers by default.
> >
> > It's a deviation from Debians traditional position, but a pragmatic
> > one that shows we care about the end users.
> >
> > Keen for feedback.
> >

> Hello Daniel,
>
> Is there any web site where I can cast my vote on? If there was none,
> then I cast my vote here.
>
> I prefer that all non-free packages including the firmwares to be
> excluded in the default installer. However, it would be great if
> there were options to select them during installation process.

This is exactly my preference too. Let me easily choose at install
time. Also, have the nonfree stuff in its own repository so if I
include the nonfree stuff I can just add it to my sources.list.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key