:: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firm…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James Powell
A: KatolaZ, Daniel Reurich
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] straw poll, non-free firmware for installers
While keeping to the libre creed is nice, at least having the option for firmware will help compatibility with hardware that requires it. Sadly, this is becoming more commonplace as newer hardware is released. More and more modern hardware requires firmware.

The question isn't about including it, but better reworded... "Should Devuan have an option for installing non-free firmware to support hardware that requires it, at the initial installation to promote more system hardware compatibility?"

I think it should offer the option, because at least it can show people installing Devuan that Devuan aims to support your hardware out of the box of sorts.

Should it be default added, no, but offered for choice? Absolutely.

Sent from my Windows Phone