:: Re: [Dng] I want to mount a Package…
Author: Irrwahn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] I want to mount a Packages page, buildd and Wanna-build system
Irrwahn wrote on 03.06.2015 07:51:

> Isaac Dunham wrote on 03.06.2015 03:40:
>> However, I'm wondering about something that's tangentially related but
>> perhaps not part of the same code:
>> Does anyone know what it takes to make Aptitude support downloading
>> changelogs from non-Debian packages?
>
> Unfortunately, aptitude will have to be patched to make this work.
> The Debian origin is hardcoded for changelogs. :/

Just for fun I whipped up a quick hack to allow Devuan as package origin,
to at least make accessible the changelogs of genuine Debian packages
which are retrieved via the merged Devuan repository lists, and of installed
genuine Devuan packages.

A decent patch however should introduce a configurable list of origins and
associated changelog URLs, as already mentioned in a todo comment in the
original source.

Cheers,
Urban