:: Re: [Dng] Everyone's favorite DE: G…
Author: David Harrison
To: dng
New-Topics: [Dng] Everyone's favorite seasoning: Cinnamon (Re: Everyone's favorite DE: GNOME3)
Subject: Re: [Dng] Everyone's favorite DE: GNOME3
On 29/05/2015 12:59, dng-request@??? wrote:
> Haven't tried yet, but I can!
>>I actually haven't got a chance to do much Cinnaminnamon yet at all since it
>>was still in Debian testing and largely unfit for public consumption last
>>time it was on my mind.
>>
>>I suspect it will just be more config changes like gnome, for the most part.

My interest in Gnome, as a user, would lie in the components that still
underlie Cinnamon. Try a Mint 17.1 VM and you'll see Cinnamon is fairly
polished now.

Plonk Cinnamon on top of Devuan and you'd be halfway to a Mint
substitute, when they inevitably follow Ubuntu's slide down the systemd
mud-chute.

Xfce/Whisker achieves much the same as Cinnamon for my purposes and it's
less of a resource hog. My themeing tastes are simple and satisfied by
either DE. However given a fast system it's enjoyable to use the extra
bells and whistles!

Purely personal opinion, not speaking for anyone else here.

Dave H