:: Re: [Dng] Everyone's favorite DE: G…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Corrado Primier
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Everyone's favorite DE: GNOME3
On 05/25/2015 05:31 PM, Jaret Cantu wrote:
> I am happy to report that (most of) the GNOME3 Desktop Environment has
> been made to work systemd-free, in all its spiffy, OpenGL-y goodness!

Thanks a lot for your work! I might be one of the few that appreciates
this DE, especially because it's quite clutter-free and has awesome (and
consistent) keyboard shortcuts that spare me a lot of time.

> I have all of these packages built and ready for use on my supplementary
> mirror:
>
> http://pkg.realitysend.net/

I had a quick testing run and I couldn't make it work, not sure if I
should report a bug or if there are simply some things that are not
there yet and I'm doing it wrong.

I couldn't 'apt-get install gnome' because, down in the dependency
chain, gvfs-backends (which you packaged) depends on libgphoto2-port10,
which is not available and has been replaced by libgphoto2-port12.
However it looks like the replacement is not enough, since I already
have it installed:

----
root@corwin:~# apt-get install gvfs-backends
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

gvfs-backends : Depends: libgphoto2-port10 (>= 2.5.2) but it is not
installable
root@corwin:~# apt-get install libgphoto2-port10
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libgphoto2-port10 is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
libgphoto2-port12:i386 libgphoto2-port12

E: Package 'libgphoto2-port10' has no installation candidate
root@corwin:~# dpkg -l | grep libgphoto2-port
ii  libgphoto2-port12:amd64               2.5.7-5
amd64        gphoto2 digital camera port library
----

I'll try rebuilding gvfs and its dependencies during the weekend and
report back, I suspect it should be enough.

Corrado