著者: Anto
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] The basic of building package

On 21/05/15 17:02, tilt wrote:
> Hi Anto,
>
> IMHO, knowing how to identify and work with existing packages that
> use quilt still is neccessary, for example to not break with the
> existing conventions of maintenance of such a package, and of course
> for taking countermeasures against unwelcome patches ... ;-)
>
> Getting quilt to work the Debian way is not difficult and well
> explained here:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt#Using_quilt_with_Debian_source_packages
>
> The section "Basic quilt tasks" covers the activities of creating
> new patches on top of an existing series of patches, and applying,
> unapplying and modifying them.
>
> Additionally, there's the activity of deleting an existing patch
> which can be accomplished with "quilt delete". IIRC, without the
> -r flag to "quilt delete", the patch is disabled, with the flag set
> it's physically deleted.
>
> Technically there's not much more to it.
>
> Kind regards,
> t.

Thanks Tilt and some other guys who directly sent me your suggestions.

When I started this thread, I was actually looking for tips and hints
based on your experience in updating packages using the methods that are
closer to the the old ways, e.g. using diff and patch. I am getting
slower now to learn new ways. So instead of starting to learn about
quilt and other development tools at the same time, I decided to focus
my learning more only on git, as I think that covers most requirements.

A part from the technical aspect in updating and forking packages, I
would like to learn also about the non-technical aspects like the
licensing, collaborating and respecting the efforts of others. I will
post this on another thread based on the results of my learning in the
last few days.

Cheers,

Anto