:: Re: [Dng] Gnome-creep into Jessie
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Gnome-creep into Jessie

Le 23/05/2015 19:08, Go Linux a écrit :
> Thought some of you might find this interesting. A sign of things to come? Or maybe I've totally missed the point (I'm still far from 'back-to-the-living'):
>
> Jessie, unwanted Gnome, xdg autostart, Console Kit
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=122178&sid=bd86a0bffd3a77e9f90dc9c52e59a0a7

     AFAIK, these directories Documents, Music, Pictures, Public,
Templates, and Videos are part of the Freedesktop standard. If you
simply delete them, they will be re-created the next time you start your
DE, eg Xfce. The way to get rid of them is to define them as an already
existing directory in ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs, eg XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME".

     Hope the trick can help somebody.
                                                             Didier