:: [Dng] The basic of building package
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Asunto: [Dng] The basic of building package
Hello Everybody,

I am sorry to ask a basic question, but I fail to find the information
on Debian documentation. There are million of them, so I must have
missed it. My main source of reading is
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html.

My question is quite generic as I see the same problem on some packages
that I have been trying to build. So they are not specific to one package.

That problem happens when I use <name the package>.debian.tar.xz which
was built for older version of <name the package>.orig.tar.xz. As far as
I understood, due to the differences in the files of the source
packages, i.e. some files exist on the new source but not on the old
one, the "debian/rules clean" deletes some files from the new source.
And most of the time, the build packages fail if I see the messages
similar as the ones below:

dpkg-source: info: building <package name> using existing ./<package
name and version>.orig.tar.xz
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file dir1/file1
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file dir2/file2
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file dir3/file3
And so on.

If the files that got deleted were not needed during the compilation, I
could get the package successfully built.

I know that I must change something on the debian directory of the
package to match the new source, but I am not sure which ones. Could
anyone please point me to the right direction?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Anto