Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Is it useful to create a .so file to replace functions imported from libsystemd & Co.?
On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 23:31 -0400, Jaret Cantu wrote:

> > My XFCE4 installation in Devuan cannot shutdown or restart as these
> > options for some reason unknown to me are greyed out.

> ... and I had to fall back to my wdm/xfce desktop.
>
> After more digging, what did the problem turn out to be?
>

> .... policykit-1. Yup, during my upgrade, I snagged policykit-1 from
> Devuan. It broke things.
>
> I apt-get remove'd policykit-1, and lookit that, my Reboot/Shutdown
> buttons are back. I didn't even have to restart XFCE.

Hi, did you try with the stock debian package 0.105-8 or the one from
angband.pl: 0.105-8.0nosystemd1. In some strange way, we have
0.105-9devuan1, which does not exist in debian stable/testing/unstable,
they have 0.105-8. Furthermore I have policykit-1-0.105-9devuan1
installed and xfce works fine with lightdm. Do you have pm-utils
installed?