:: Re: [Dng] Is it useful to create a …
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Is it useful to create a .so file to replace functions imported from libsystemd & Co.?
xfce4-power-manager, xfce4-session, upowerd don't look like using
libsystemd directly. I found many functions imported from udev but my
assumption is that these are already provided by gudev although I may
be wrong.

My XFCE4 installation in Devuan cannot shutdown or restart as these
options for some reason unknown to me are greyed out.

These import functions from libsystemd:
$ nm -D /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor | grep "U sd_"
                 U sd_pid_get_session
                 U sd_session_get_seat

$ nm -D /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd | grep "U sd_"
                 none (?)

Providing these two functions should not be a very difficult task
although I have to verify this by looking at the code.