:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Author: David Hare
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

Great work Jaret, thanks. Testing yours here today. I see you took a
different approach to Dimitri, who based debian/ on udev 1.7.5 (the last
one before systemd assimilation)

Running (Devuan-based-) Jessie. Here, eudev 3.0.0 installs and runs
successfully using Dimitri's debian/ with some modifications. It builds
also on 2.1.1 source like that. I have also made a working live-image,
proving it live-boot compatible.

Debs and sources are posted here:
http://exegnulinux.net/nosystemd/pool/main/e/eudev/ .. The main
outstanding issue is how to cleanly purge old udev conffiles preinst,
other than manually (the initscripts at least must be purged first)

Jaret, maybe this is of some help for your version. For anyone else,
note that my version works *for me* but is experimental. I trashed the
system a few times before getting it to work, needing fix from chroot.

I actually began investigating eudev late last year. Not intending to
promote an "alternative version" here. At some stage we will arrive at
one that is complete and generally usuable.