:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update (2015-05-03)

Le 14/05/2015 23:16, shraptor shraptor a écrit :
> am not a 100%
> with what toolchain means.
>
> did you compile for 32bit or 64bit?

     Toolchain generally means the stuff necessary to build new programs
from source. It includes gcc, binutils, the system libraries, the system
headers and the kernel headers. 'system', here, means the headers of the
standard C library and the library itself, things that your default gcc
searches automatically in /usr/include, /lib and /usr/lib unless you
specify --nostdinc and --nostdlib.

     I compile for x86_64 on x86_64. I tried to build a cross-compiler
for powerpc, without success up to now and I also failed to build a
native powerpc one.

     My gcc-musl is "sysrooted", which means it searches the standard
files in its own file tree and hence can live in the same host as Debian
Wheezy's stock compiler. But I have noticed that many packages
systematically add -I/usr/include in their CFLAGS, which is useless if
you compile with the stock gcc and which fucks up the sysrooted one by
including the headers of the glibc instead of the ones of musl.
Therefore this is the first thing to check.

Le 15/05/2015 03:07, Laurent Bercot a écrit :
> the
> annoying thing IIRC is the Perl dependency at build-time,

     I have built Perl, Miniperl and Python, statically linked against
Musl. I don't understand a single word of these languages, but they are
prerequisite to build other packages.

> the problem is I've never been able to find a *native* toolchain here,
> so you're kinda stuck compiling for x86_64 using x86 gcc binaries.

     I think that's what I've done, on x86_64; it is all statically
linked and, therefore, can be used right away on any Linux x86_64. And
it can compile more than C and C++ :-)

     I can produce a gcc-4.8 with it, but this one doesn't work.

     Didier