:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Author: Jack L. Frost
To: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 06:33:34PM -0500, T.J. Duchene wrote:
> Has something happened with standard udev that you are looking to switch? I've not heard anything lately, but that does not make immediate sense to me.

I'm not the one you're asking, but I'll provide one reason to switch:
udev is a part of the systemd project, and in the near future it will probably
stop being packaged outside of systemd for it is a lot of work to do so.
Switching now is a good idea as opposed to switching later down the line when
it's suddenly packaged with systemd and you have to install all of it to get
udev.