:: Re: [Dng] Devuan - Fork or Derivati…
Author: Jaromil
To: Daniel Reurich, dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan - Fork or Derivative (or perhaps both)
dear Daniel,

On 12 May 2015 22:58:24 CEST, Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I wonder if Devuan should rebrand it's relationship to Debian as a
>Derivative rather then a Fork. It may help to smooth things over a
>bit.
>
>This may also be a good marketing approach as well as reduce the
>hostility when we send bugreports and patches to debian.

That Debian volunteers are hostile towards bugreports and patches
is not really news and entirely their problem.

Devuan is not antagonizing Debian. Devuan is an exodus made on time
before we'd be enslaved, so we don't carry much resentment and are
happy things are going very well in our camp, for instance we are faster
in fixing things that we consider more important. The clash in fact is over
what we consider more important and it stretched to the point in which we
had to walk back and choose another path, because Debian was disregarding
our concerns and, if we'd have stayed, it would have denied us from taking
care of them.

therefore Devuan is a fork

ciao