:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

On 13/05/15 03:12, David Hare wrote:
> While we're waiting for vdev (that does look like the way to go) I
> revisited eudev, which I never managed to get working in a usable way.
>
> Did much better this time after some not too major hacking of the
> source posted on devuan git, mostly "rules" and "patches". I now got
> it working seemingly (too early to be sure) quite well. My usb wlan
> device works, other removables pop up normally and zero (udev) errors
> in dmesg output!
>
> This did involve dpkg -P --force-all on existing udev components
> first. Got a totally trashed system numerous times, which had to be
> recovered in a chroot, before getting it going with yet another rebuild..
>
> More later, after a little testing.

Hello David,

I have to admit that I lied when I wrote on one of that threads that "I
am done with eudev". :)

That fact is that I have been still searching and hoping that someone
managed to use eudev in Debian based distros, and posted that in the
internet like what you did. Would you plan to update
https://git.devuan.org/pkgs-utopia-substitution/devuan-eudev, so we can
try that as well?

Like you, I am also waiting for vdev and I am trying to help Jude as
much as I can. But I think it would be good to have some options, while
we are waiting for vdev to stabilise.

Cheers,

Anto