:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Noel Torres
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

Anto <aryanto@???> escribió:
[...]
> Hello Noel,
>
> I think I have a good reason to want to have them removed. I hate them :)

You are free to do so.

> I don't think Devuan should provide the option to use systemd. Why
> should it? The decision in Debian to default the init system to
> systemd is the main reason to fork Debian in the first place. And
> the users who want systemd are better of using Debian instead of
> Devuan.

You don't think that we should provide the option. But we should,
because not doing so means removing freedom fro mour users: removing
the freedom to use systemd.

We are not anti-systemd, we are anti-systemd-being-imposed. And the
first step is to create a distribution able to work without systemd at
all.

Truly speaking, we are no anti-anything. We are pro-freedom (including
the freedom to choose systemd). This was extensively discussed on the
first days of this list.

> On my particular case, I want to have that cron.service file gone as
> that is the main reason for me to re-compile it.

Well, I would say that is not a reason to recompile it at all, but
that's up to you. I say, tough, that only the removal of a systemd
service file is not a reason for Devuan to maintain a Delta over
Debian (and all the associated wasted effort).

> Cheers,
>
> Anto

Regards

Noel