:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?
On Tue, 05 May 2015 14:00:31 +0000
Noel Torres <envite@???> wrote:

> Anto <aryanto@???> escribió:
> [...]
> > Hello Noel,
> >
> > I think I have a good reason to want to have them removed. I hate
> > them :)
>
> You are free to do so.
> >
> > I don't think Devuan should provide the option to use systemd. Why
> > should it? The decision in Debian to default the init system to
> > systemd is the main reason to fork Debian in the first place. And
> > the users who want systemd are better of using Debian instead of
> > Devuan.
>
> You don't think that we should provide the option. But we should,
> because not doing so means removing freedom fro mour users: removing
> the freedom to use systemd.

Hi Noel,

Having any systemd-equipped Devuan packages means that I need to always
be on my guard to prevent systemd from sneaking in.

How about this: Unlike Redhat/Debian, we put in no poison pills,
landmines or Halloween Code to prevent others from installing systemd.
If someone wants to install systemd, let them do it on their own time.
Heck, once Devuan becomes my daily driver, I'm almost certainly going to
install an init other than sysvinit on it. Guys wanting systemd on
Devuan (doesn't that sound like an oxymoron?) can do the same thing.
We're not stopping them.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2015 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz