:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

On 05/05/15 16:05, David Hare wrote:

>> The decision in Debian to default the init system to systemd
>> is the main reason to fork Debian in the first place.
>
> Not exactly.. The reason is Debian's decision to *require* systemd
> with the only alternative a crippled OS. What is "default" matters less..

Sorry David, I have to disagree with that. (What happened to me today, I
have a lot of disagreements with people including at work).

In my view, the decision to use systemd as the default init of Debian
forces the locked-in of massive number of packages into systemd. That is
the main problem which leads to the birth of Devuan. They then provide
workarounds for people who want to use other init systems, e.g. shim,
etc., to be able to use the whole systemd base distro.

Cheers,

Anto