:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: David Hare
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?
On 05/05/15 12:48, Noel Torres wrote:

> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> escribió:
>
> [...]
>>     I bet every service daemon package would now provide a .service
>> file, just like everyone used to provide an init script. As far as I
>> understand, the .service files are the systemd counterpart of sysvinit
>> scripts. I imagine it is just enough to remove the file from the
>> package; it would be usefull only to systemd.

>>     Didier

> There is no reason to remove them. That would be a Delta that we must
> maintain package over package, version after version. Just allow them to
> be there, unused.
>
> Please remember that our objective is not to forbid nor impede usage of
> systemd. A Devuan user might quite well **CHOOSE** to use systemd (well,
> not for the first version that we will launch without systemd at all).
> Our objective is to allow freedom. It would be wonderful if all packages
> provides start/stop scripts for all init systems.

Yes.. freedom of choice is why we are here. Also, the priority is those
packages which actually reqire *systemd* (cups, udisks2, gvfs,
util-linux, sane-utils, consolekit, policykit-1.. and more).

That's a lot of work already and why some of us are at the moment still
relying on 3rd-party/"unofficial" packages.