:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

On 05/05/15 13:29, David Hare wrote:
> On 05/05/15 11:57, Anto wrote:
>
>> I pinned *systemd* packages into Pin-Priority: -1, and re-compiled cron
>> package without anything related to systemd. But there is still
>> /lib/systemd/system/cron.service file as we can see below.
>
>> Which package actually generates all of the files and directories under
>> /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd if not the packages themselves, like cron
>> on the example above?
>
> Quite a few (here including cron, rsysn, sudo, ssh, wpa-supplicant..)
>
> <apt-file search /path/to/file> will tell you.
>
> Because they are built with systemd support doesn't mean (yet) they
> actually require it. They can't use it if it's not installed.
>
> Here *systemd* is excluded (except udev) but eveything seems to work.

Thanks David,

Me too. On all my Debian wheezy install, I excluded anything with
*systemd* and I use udev 175-7.2. I also always remove /lib/systemd and
/etc/systemd after any package installation.

I tried apt-file though, but the merged Devuan repository does not have
the information for that. That was why I asked the question.

root@d945gclf:~# apt-file update
Ignoring source without Contents File:
http://packages.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie/main/Contents-amd64.gz
Ignoring source without Contents File:
http://packages.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie/contrib/Contents-amd64.gz
Ignoring source without Contents File:
http://packages.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie/non-free/Contents-amd64.gz
root@d945gclf:~#
root@d945gclf:~#
root@d945gclf:~# apt-file search "/lib/systemd/system/cron.service"
E: The cache is empty. You need to run 'apt-file update' first.
root@d945gclf:~#

Cheers,

Anto