:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Noel Torres
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

Didier Kryn <kryn@???> escribió:

[...]
>     I bet every service daemon package would now provide a .service
> file, just like everyone used to provide an init script. As far as I
> understand, the .service files are the systemd counterpart of
> sysvinit scripts. I imagine it is just enough to remove the file
> from the package; it would be usefull only to systemd.

>     Didier

There is no reason to remove them. That would be a Delta that we must
maintain package over package, version after version. Just allow them
to be there, unused.

Please remember that our objective is not to forbid nor impede usage
of systemd. A Devuan user might quite well **CHOOSE** to use systemd
(well, not for the first version that we will launch without systemd
at all). Our objective is to allow freedom. It would be wonderful if
all packages provides start/stop scripts for all init systems.

Regards

Noel
er Envite