:: Re: [Dng] Linux boot documentation
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Linux boot documentation

On 04/05/15 16:48, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just documented the boot process, from Grub through init.
>
> See http://troubleshooters.com/linux/diy/howboot.htm
>
> Hope you like it.
>
> SteveT
>

> Steve Litt
> May 2015 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz

Good one Steve, Thanks.

But perhaps it would be better to reduce the scope of your document or
add more information, because Linux is not only being used on ordinary
PC or servers. For embedded devices, the boot process is essentially the
same but slightly different at early stage of the process. For instance
on OpenWRT (http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/process.boot) or
Raspberry Pi (http://elinux.org/RPi_Software), which both of them are
based on Debian.

I do not claim myself to be an expert on this. I might know just a tiny
bit. So before you ask, please forgive me if I could not provide further
explanations.

Cheers,

Anto