:: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Whee…
Góra strony
Autor: Anto
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Wheezy from upgrading itself to Jessie?

On 28/04/15 20:46, Linux O'Beardly wrote:
> We should all keep in mind that not all repos have "wheezy" as an
> option; some only have stable/testing/unstable. That may prove
> troublesome for some of us in the future. My primary desktop has
> already been assimilated by the systemd collective. As soon as we get
> a stable image of Devuan running, I will rebuild my desktop for the
> first time in 4 years. Good luck!
>
> Linux O'Beardly
> @LinuxOBeardly
> http://o.beard.ly
> linux.obeardly@??? <mailto:linux.obeardly@gmail.com>

I might be new to Debian, so this is quite surprised me that there is
restricted option in choosing the repositories. But I have been using
Debian since Debian 3.0 - woody and as far as I have experienced the
repository is always configurable. So I can choose either to use the
release name, e.g. jessie, wheezy, etc., or to use the distribution
name, e.g. stable, testing, or unstable.

Every time I install Debian from ISO image, the repository will be set
to the release name from where I downloaded it. But then I can change it
to the distribution name. I usually change it to testing distribution
when I want to use newer versions of packages.

It looks like Devuan will follow this setup as well.

Did I miss something about this?

Cheers,

Anto