:: Re: [Dng] Is debootstrap available …
Author: Jaromil
To: Udo Rader
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Is debootstrap available in Devuan?
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, Udo Rader wrote:

> On 04/28/2015 08:39 AM, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> > I would like to install debootstrap so that I can start attempting to
> > test Devuan installations on my machines giving feedback in the
> > process.
> >
> > I think, it is wise to have the patched debootstrap ready to start my
> > transition from Debian to Devuan.
>
> I don't know if it ready to hit the masses, but here is the link to the
> devuan version:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/packages-base/debootstrap

thanks

I confirm this is stable in all tests
(and its probably the most used component as of now in all our CI)

there are no substantial changes to its code besides the init-freedom
patch by Kenshi Muto on the infamous Debian bug #668001 where it was
rejected despite the fact it was a fix, with the only apparent reason to
enforce the systemd-lock in.

ciao