:: Re: [Dng] Warning: jessie seems to …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anto
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Warning: jessie seems to be going stable soom.
On 23/04/15 03:26, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Warning to those who still have testing in their sources.list.
>
> Let me belabor the obvious.
>
> >From lurking on the debian installer mailing list I conclude that
> jessie is scheduled to go stable soon. I beliee a date has een set,
> and it may be within a few days.
>
> This means that changes that have been held back by the code freeze
> will come pouring into testing. Presumably there will be a lot of
> systemd-related lockin arriving.
>
> You should check your source.list to make sureyou're tracking
> jessie and not testing, just in case.
>
> Otherwise upgrading to devuan when it's ready may get difficult.
>
> -- hendrik

This is exactly the main reason why I posted my first question to this
mailing list 2 months ago, and downgrade all my Debian installs to
wheezy a few weeks ago. I hope by doing that I will be able to minimise
any issues to switch to Devuan, especially on my 2 VPS'.

Cheers,

Anto