:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Isaac Dunham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jude Nelson
Υ/ο: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 12:08:54AM -0400, Jude Nelson wrote:
[snip]
> > I am still using file-rc instead of sysv-rc, but I didn't clean up
> > /etc/rc?.d directories. I tried to use sysv-rc, but my mouse and keyboard
> > are not being detected when using kernel 3.18.11. They are only being
> > detected on kernel 3.2.0 from wheezy repository. I think there is something
> > wrong with my kernel config but I will investigate that later.
> >

> Not sure yet what could be the cause of your keyboard and mouse not
> working. Let's see what happens after you fix steps 3 and 4--it could be a
> side-effect of the init program being broken, since the init program should
> also run the console setup scripts.

To spare you a bit of experimentation:
The only thing that needs to happen for a standard keyboard or mouse
to work on a VT is the driver loading.
The driver for USB keyboards (and USB mice) is usbhid; I think 'hid'
is the driver for non-usb keyboards. 'evdev' is needed for some X
drivers to work right.
However, this reminds me: Busybox 1.23.0 and 1.23.1 had a bunch of
different issues with modprobe/depmod, and should not be used.

If you want to use a non-standard keyboard layout or a different font
or resolution, then you need a script for console settings (and a
framebuffer driver and fbcon).

HTH,
Isaac Dunham