:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Author: Isaac Dunham
To: Anto
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 08:03:36PM +0200, Anto wrote:
> After I pulled your commit from github.com, I have done the following:
>
> 1. compile and install vdev
> 2. copy vdev's initrd into /boot
> 3. rename /sbin/init to /sbin/init.novdev
> 4. copy vdev's init file into /sbin
> 5. manually set the vdev's initrd and init.vdev in grub.cfg
> 6. manually add /etc/init.d/vdev into runlevel.conf (and keep
> /etc/init.d/udev)
>     first, I tried to put vdev before udev, then the other way around
> 7. reboot my PC using vdev's initrd and init

> There are some progress on the boot messages, but I still ended up on
> (initramfs) prompt. As before, I can only use my keyboard using kernel
> 3.2.0, so I could capture the vdev_debugging that you asked before. Please
> download that from
> https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/vdev_debug_logs.tar.gz. That file
> also contain the copy of /var/log/messages, but I just took the messages
> since I started to keep rebooting my PC.

Since I've dealt with things similar to this when debugging mdev,
I've got a few suggestions:

* Check what drivers you are currently using:
lsmod
* Check if they are in your initrd:
lsinitramfs ./initrd.vdev |grep $MODNAME.ko
In particular, look for "hid" (hid_generic, usbhid, hid), evdev,
ahci/ata_piix (if applicable), and sd_mod.
* If they are present, try to inject a line that will load usbhid and
evdev into the initramfs scripts.

That should provide keyboard support so you can investigate.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham