:: Re: [Dng] Live ISO's (Jessie with n…
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Live ISO's (Jessie with no systemd)
On 04/16/2015 09:37 AM, David Hare wrote:
> Don't know why but some of my posts didn't seem to make the mailing list
> properly so will try again!

Make sure you click "Reply List" and not "Reply". I've done that a couple
times.

> On 13/04/15 13:57, David Hare wrote:
>> On 13/04/15 06:19, Franco Lanza wrote:

>>> what is the default root password
>>
>> XFCE image:
>>
>> user user root root

There appears to be no root password in the xfce image. There's only an
asterisk in /etc/shadow.

>> +1. Before I saw Refracta I thought XFCE could not be other than
>> butt-ugly. I added a set of themes and user configs similar to
>> Refracta7 as well as the Refracta tools (snapshot, installer,
>> refracta2usb). This is partly aimed at also helping the Refracta
>> project although I don't know if an "official" Refracta Jessie ISO is
>> actually planned.

I don't know if there will be an official Refracta Jessie, either. Still
haven't decided. But yours (David) looks more like refracta than the
current refracta isos, so it's a candidate for officialdom.

On 04/13/2015 03:00 PM, Richard wrote:>

> *2. # sudo apt-get update* failed,
> reporting conflicting distros ... (expected sid but got ceres);
> also NO_PUBKEY. Just for information, I know it's still fresh.

I don't think Richard got an answer to this question. I was able to make
those error messages go away, but I don't know if it's the best course of
action (especially for the devuan repo.) If there's some reason for NOT
doing the following, somebody please speak up.

- edit /etc/sources.list.d/devuan.list and change "sid" to "ceres".
- get the gpg key for the angband repo with the following commands:
    gpg --recv-keys 719DCC80BED007F9
    gpg --export --armor 719DCC80BED007F9 | apt-key add -
(and don't forget the dash at the end of the line)

Then apt-get update.

fsr