:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status u…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On 14/04/15 20:46, Jude Nelson wrote:
> It just occurred to me that my reply wasn't CC'ed to the ML.

Hello Jude,

I have just done the following:

- remove /etc/vdev
- |git pull https://github.com/jcnelson/vdev|- remove /etc/vdev
- make clean
- compile and install libvdev, vdevd and example (step 1)
- for step 2, I need to use root account as otherwise I got the
following errors:

cp -a ./initramfs//* ./build/initramfs/
../tools//initramfs/mkinitramfs -t ./build/initramfs/ -o
./initrd.img-`uname -r`
/dev/sda1: Permission denied
/usr/sbin/iucode_tool: cpuid kernel driver unavailable, cannot scan
system processor signatures
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vdev/example'

- copy initrd from example directory to /boot
- boot using the previous grub.cfg
- reboot my PC to use the initrd of vdev

There is no ERROR about missing vdev config but my PC still ends up at
(iniramfs) prompt.

Cheers,

Anto