:: Re: [Dng] two lists and developer d…
Author: Jaromil
To: Jude Nelson
CC: dng, Martijn Dekkers
Subject: Re: [Dng] two lists and developer disconnect (was: Re: dev-list)

dear Jude,

On Thu, 09 Apr 2015, Jude Nelson wrote:
>      (Especially given that there's already an invite-only dev list, so
>      guaranteeing that any additional dev list would be a misnomer.)

just to frame my mediterranean reaction to this, we don't have a secret
dev list because otherwise you would have been invited.

We need more communication. And we do what we can.

I really wanted to come out on the 11 of April and call this an alpha
"exodus" release: the packer provision is ready and working well to
produce automatically qcow2 and vdi boxes partitioned LVM and formatted
ext4 both for i386 and amd64. They are slick, qcow2 are temporarily
uploaded here https://files.dyne.org/devuan/ but journalists are invited
to not give out this link, it is only temporary.

We are confident we can get the rest in a reasonable amount of time and
there are enough knowledgeable volunteers offering jenkin arms and bare
metal builders. Towards 1.0 we will be able to have replicability
through all the CI of Devuan at least for major target architectures.

Now because of other work commitments I have I'm quite sure that at
least for my part I cannot make the deadline of 11 April. This also
means that the release cannot be called "exodus" since on the 11th
Passover is... over. We will have a public communicate and a release
around the second half of April. Things are going very well.

ciao