:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Nuno Magalhães
À: Martijn Dekkers
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Oh wait, it wasn't offlist.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:13 AM, Martijn Dekkers
<devuan-list1@???> wrote:
>> The «long standing, wide-ranging implementation pattern» thing is a
>> bogus argument. Similar to "Lots of people jump of bridges, care to
>> join them?"
>

> Thats just uninformed bullshit. "Patterns" are one of the cornerstones of
> modern computing architecture - without patterns everybody will be doomed to
> re-invent everything from the ground up. Comparing patterns with
> bridge-jumping is ridiculous, and not a little bit stupid. Separate lists
> are widely practiced in the open source community at large because they
> work, not "because everybody else is doing it".

Still, convoluted arguments, feeble attempt at insult, does seem like a troll.

> This discussion has gone from a simple request for a -dev list to a wide
> ranging discussion about how we can do something similar without actually
> going for the cheapest and easiest option (which is to have a separate
> list). Interestingly, I see two broad groups. Those that want a simple dev
> list, and those that absolutely don't want other people to have one, for the
> most tenuous of arguments.

There's the third camp of people who believes a dev-only list will
generate self-segregation, meaning devs will only read that list. This
isn't a profecy.

Too much noise, i'll stop reading this thread.