:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joerg Reisenweber
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] dev-list
On Thu 09 April 2015 02:20:16 hellekin wrote:
>> *** I see another two groups: people who want to work together and build
> something different that won't end up in an isolated technical committee
> in their ivory towers, and bullies.

Sorry that's not to the point. Nobody at all talked about "technical
committee" whether isolated or not.
It's a *fact* that developers won't pay attention to ML or even fora that have
a bad S/N ratio, since devels are interested in getting thing *done*, not
*discussed* and derailed.
And you won't force any devel to do such discussion "in public" and waste 90%
of their time to act as 1st level helpdesk for users who <quote>"want to ask
how to configure their desktop"</quote>
You're trying to enforce an organizational rule (no TC) by means of a
communication medium - it won't work, it never did (at least I never seen it
pan out).
Call me bully for that if you like, I don't care. And I prolly will cancel my
registration for that ML for exactly the reasons of poor S/N, same reasons I
never been happy to linger on #debianfork. And I bet a lot of devels already
did same or are going to do so soonish. The discussion if we need a devel-ML
is the best proof that we urgently need one where such discussion never would
happen.

/j