:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Pàgina inicial
Autor: hellekin
A: Martijn Dekkers
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] dev-list
On 04/09/2015 01:17 AM, Martijn Dekkers wrote:

> The reason the vast majority of projects use separate lists is because it
> *works* [dev] tagged topics don't work very well, because in most cases,
> people tend to forget, or change the subjectline, or whatever.

*** I agree that Mailman's topics suck because it's on the poster to
remember to put the tag. The good thing though, is that developers are
more likely to learn the trick than non-developers, especially if they
automate this when sending to the list*, which developers know how to
do, right? So noise automatically gets below the threshold with a
minimal effort.

* On the condition they stick to posting "work-related stuff" and
refrain from being human.

But I'd rather have a "mailing list" system that allows anyone to
subscribe once, and then select topics they are actually interested in
participating to, rather than segregating from the start.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/