:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martijn Dekkers
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Betreff: Re: [Dng] dev-list

> The «long standing, wide-ranging implementation pattern» thing is a
> bogus argument. Similar to "Lots of people jump of bridges, care to
> join them?"

Thats just uninformed bullshit. "Patterns" are one of the cornerstones of
modern computing architecture - without patterns everybody will be doomed
to re-invent everything from the ground up. Comparing patterns with
bridge-jumping is ridiculous, and not a little bit stupid. Separate lists
are widely practiced in the open source community at large because they
work, not "because everybody else is doing it".

This discussion has gone from a simple request for a -dev list to a wide
ranging discussion about how we can do something similar without actually
going for the cheapest and easiest option (which is to have a separate
list). Interestingly, I see two broad groups. Those that want a simple dev
list, and those that absolutely don't want other people to have one, for
the most tenuous of arguments.