:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nuno Magalhães
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Betreff: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Hi,

Just me being picky here.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Martijn Dekkers
<devuan-list1@???> wrote:
> The flip side is those that say "don't split the lists" - there again is no
> significant cost to subscribing to both both lists, and follow and
> participate in both lists if they so wish. It isn't so much a segregation of
> a community, it is a segregation of topics - and a long standing,
> wide-ranging implementation pattern in the wider open-source community at
> that.

Maybe i should say "self-segregation" instead. That's my beef, but as
you correctly say, anyone can join any list (and leave it too).
The «long standing, wide-ranging implementation pattern» thing is a
bogus argument. Similar to "Lots of people jump of bridges, care to
join them?"

> This isn't the first call for separate lists, so there clearly is a (strong)
> desire for this from some people.

Just because some people called for it, doesn't mean they feel
strongly about it.
Again, just being picky.

Oh, holy devs, i intentionally did not put [DEV] in the subject (a
reasonable suggestion if i might add).