:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Am Mittwoch, 8. April 2015, 08:09:14 schrieb Robert Storey:
> > Good point. But I thought the reason for the suggestion was because
> > of
> > the amount of fairly useless chatter on this list that the devs have
>
> wade
>
> > through. (Honestly, it annoys me too.) If there is a -dev list, I
> > would
> sign up
>
> > to see what's happening but it's unlikely I would participate because
> > I'm not really qualified to do so.
>
> All good points. Just want to add though that probably one of the causes
> of all the idle chatter is that we in the audience don't yet have
> Devuan in our hot little hands, so we have no technical questions, no
> bug reports, etc. All we can do for entertainment chat about what
> Richard Stallman thinks of systemd, suggest that Pottering is evil, and
> enquire about when Devuan-alpha will be released. I try to avoid those
> silly discussions, but have occasionally broken down and participated.
>
> Once we have the alpha in our hot little hands, we can begin to discuss
> the real technology, and stop wasting developers' time with trivia. And
> I may finally start my long-awaited project to help writing the
> documentation.

Seriously?

Then I´d suggest creating a "I am bored and want to talk about trivia"
kind of mailinglist. Or a course in meditation to be able to deal with
some silence in between.

I still hardly read the list due for the reasons I already explained which
are similar reasons why I unsubscribed debian-user: The noise to useful
content ratio is so high that I feel it to be like a waste of time to try
to find the interesting messages in between in most threads.

So for now, I just check, is it Jude posting vdev news, read that, and,
honestly mostly forget about the rest. I can deal with it like that, my
mail program can as well, but this way I may miss some of the mails that
have useful content.

Heck, I don´t even expect every mail to be useful for me. But a bit better
ratio, that would be good. So please, if you just post here out of
boredom:

Stop!

And use your boredom as a chance for personal development.

Thanks,