:: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too m…
Author: Jude Nelson
To: Martijn Dekkers
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too much complicated : systemd
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Martijn Dekkers <
devuan-list1@???> wrote:

[snip]

> It really is a pity. The VUA and guys like Jude do awesome work bringing
> the state-of-the-art forward when it comes to actually building working
> technology that does not depend on systemd, whilst this list is quickly
> just an echo chamber of pre-approved opinions. And the pre-approved
> opinions are getting less by the day.

I've seen at least two posts now where I've been held up as an example of
doing something about systemd. First, thank you for your kind words :)
Second, I can't take all the credit :) Besides the VUA collective
(Jaromil, Nextime, Hellekin, and others?), there's also:

* Dima Krasner, who is working on LoginKit (
https://git.devuan.org/pkgs-utopia-substitution/loginkit), as well as
building Puppy Linux from Devuan, and getting lightdm to work without
logind.
* Isaac Dunham, who is working on libsysdev (
https://github.com/idunham/libsysdev) and getting X.org to run without
libudev.
* Scooby, lepoitr, John Carline, and other anonymous contributors who are
helping me test vdev on live hardware.

I'd like to get a list together (perhaps on the wiki?) of the names or
aliases of the people who are working on making Devuan possible, so we can
give credit where credit is due.

-Jude