:: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too m…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too much complicated : systemd
Am Sonntag, 5. April 2015, 18:37:23 schrieb T.J. Duchene:
> [...]

Nope, it doesn´t.

Settings are still in INI like files below .kde/share/config and for Akonadi
./config/akonadi and well I think Plasma 5 moved config files to ~/.config
somewhere, but I am not completely sure about the last one.

Akonadi by default uses MySQL to store PIM item metadata and partly cache
them. PIM items are events, contacts, mails. But even that will be
replaced in case AkonadiNext will be the next Akonadi. It uses mmap()-
based files with some lower level access, I think Flatbuffers, but I am not
so sure what that means yet :)

Baloo uses a SQLite3 database in Plasma 4, but I think Vishesh got rid of
it for Plasma 5 development version meanwhile.

Amarok uses MySQL embedded since years without major issues.

I think Digikam uses SQLite by default.

Iceweasel uses SQLite, I think Icedove too.

So databases are at many places, yet KDE doesn´t use one for configuration
data.

Ciao,