:: Re: [Dng] [OT]I have been liberated…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Neo Futur
Aan: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] [OT]I have been liberated!
>> > For all of you not familiar with Debian-User, my reply was a humorous
>> > parody of what happens on Debian-User every time somebody questions
>> > the devine wisdom of systemd.
> [T.J. ] Are you guys just making jokes or are people really like that over at Debian User these days?
> I realize systemd is not everyone's favorite topic, but this seems "over the top" and exaggerated.
> You mentioned an Armstrong before. Is the trolling really that bad?

I m a gentoo and mageia user ( but I donated half a bitcoin to devuan
because I need devuan ) , and I can tell you the behaviour of mageia
developpers is the same, I also exereinced the same nazi behaviou on
archlinux irc channel.
so i m not surprised debian developpers have this attitude. imo there
no joke at all here, the same "whataboutism" is imposed in the linux
world at the systemd level, as it is imposed in politics and
geopolitics all over the world.

> From my standpoint, systemd is neither bad nor good, it is badly constructed.

 what is real bad is the denial of our right to disagree and state our
opinions and choices, and not only in the linux world ( sorry I
stopped saying GNU/linux until stallman finally moves his ass in this
freedom war )
 another real bad thing is this kind of backdoor,
https://grsecurity.net/~spender/exploits/exploit2.txt
" these kinds of vulnerabilities turning exploitable in the future
which would be impossible to spot
    at the source level without this knowledge. "

I certainly would not
>put it on server without serious thought, but I do not think that I would be overly concerned about it on
>the desktop.

Same here I accept it on my mageia laptop, i dont really care the nsa
knowing everything of me ( they already have
http://leaksource.info/2013/12/30/nsas-ant-division-catalog-of-exploits-for-nearly-every-major-software-hardware-firmware/
) , but, for the sake of my customers, I will never ever accept this
on the dedicated servers i m paid to mange by customers trusting me.

> Thoughts anyone?

yup, good question