:: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I a…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I am considering Devuan
On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 07:32:14AM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

[cut]

> OK. Maybe I misspoke. The installer would ask me to choose an
> external DNS. It would not take the initiative of offering me to
> install my own on my own machine.
>
> Of course II always did have the option of tracking down the right
> packages, installing, and configuring them, but that's a fair amount of
> effort, and not what I prehaps miscalled 'default'. Something that an
> ordinary user is likely to do unless he has a domain of his own to
> define.

Sorry Hendrik, I just misunderstood your email. Personally, I would
prefer to have such a possibility in tasksel (does it still exist?),
if it does not have it already, and not in the standard install. After
all, if one knows how to manage a DNS server it shouldn't be hard for
him/her to figure out which packages are needed, right? :)

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]